Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, root vegetable casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Root Vegetable Casserole is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Root Vegetable Casserole is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have root vegetable casserole using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Root Vegetable Casserole:
- Get potatoes
- Prepare parsnips
- Make ready carrots
- Get small swede
- Take leeks
- Take vegetable stock cube's
- Get fresh chopped thyme or 2 tsp. dried
- Take salt and pepper
- Prepare g/2oz butter
- Prepare fresh chopped parsley
- Get Alternatively use a bag of 1Kg frozen Casserole veg
Instructions to make Root Vegetable Casserole:
- Peel the potatoes,parsnips,carrots and swede.Wash and cut into evenly sized dice.Trim the leeks and clean under running water and slice quite thickly.
- Put all the vegetables,apart from the leeks,in a large casserole dish.Add the stock cubes mixed with 1 litre/ 1 3/4 pints boiling water.Mix in the thyme.Cook over a gentle heat,for 10 minutes uncovered.Season to taste.
- Add the leeks to the casserole dish.Cook for a further 30 minutes over a low heat,uncovered.
- Using a slotted spoon,transfer the vegetables from the casserole onto a serving plate.Add the butter to the pan and blend with the vegetable liquid.Pour on the vegetables and garnish with the chopped parsley.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food root vegetable casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!