Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, root vegetable stew with red wine (vegan). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook root vegetable stew with red wine (vegan) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan):
- Prepare garlic
- Take Leek or onion
- Prepare Bay leaves
- Take grated ginger (optional)
- Prepare thyme
- Get medium potatoes (or taro roots are good too!)
- Prepare carrots
- Make ready rutabaga (or sunchokes/Jerusalem artichokes)
- Make ready small sweet potatoes and/or potatoes
- Prepare Nutmeg
- Make ready Red wine
- Make ready Tomato paste
- Get Flour
- Prepare Water
- Get Salt & pepper
- Prepare Oil for sautéing, or more if needed
- Take Parsley, chives, etc to garnish
Instructions to make Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan):
- Prepare your carrots, potatoes and other veggies: Cut carrots into thumb-sized chunks. Peel potatoes/taro root and halve (or quarter if large). Cut any other veggies you might be using to the around the same size.
- Finely chop onion/leek, mince ginger if using, peel and crush garlic. Heat oil in a heavy pot and saute onion, ginger, garlic, bay leaves and thyme until onion starts to brown (10-12 minutes).
- Add in other vegetables to pot along with 1.5 tsp salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes on medium.
- Turn heat to high and add 1 cup of red wine. Scrape up any onion bits from the bottom of pot. Cook until wine is reduced to half.
- Turn heat to medium and add flour and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover, add 1 cup of water and stir. Cook until liquid is reduced to half again.
- Turn to low so vegetables are just simmering. Cover with lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes. You should end up with a nice thick broth by the end! Add salt & pepper if needed, sprinkle on some chives or parsley and serve!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food root vegetable stew with red wine (vegan) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!