Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, scottish stovies. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Scottish Stovies is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Scottish Stovies is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have scottish stovies using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Scottish Stovies:
- Prepare bitter
- Prepare onion finely chopped
- Get Swede peeled and cut into 2cm cubes (400g prepped weight)
- Take large carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- Make ready celery stick, fined chopped
- Take leftover roast meat (lamb or beef) or corned beef, cubed
- Get potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- Take beef or lamb stock
- Make ready Oatcakes or crusty bread to serve
Steps to make Scottish Stovies:
- Heat butter in a medium sized saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 10mins over low-medium heat til softened. Add the swede, carrot and celery and fry for 5 min.
- Stir in the meat, if using leftover roast lamb or beef, then potatoes. Pour over the stock and season generously, bring to the boil, then turn down heat to a simmer. Cook covered for 1hr 30mins or until vegetables have softened and the potatoes have broken down completely. If you're using corned beef, add this to the pan 20mins before end of cooking. Serve with oatcakes, or crusty bread.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food scottish stovies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!