Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, ridley's pasty. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ridley's Pasty is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Ridley's Pasty is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have ridley's pasty using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ridley's Pasty:
- Prepare 3 cups flour (Redmill all-purpose unbleached), sifted
- Get 1 1/4 tsp salt
- Make ready 6 tbsp unsalted butter (Tillamook)
- Take 6 tbsp lard (Armour)
- Prepare 2 cups cold water
- Take 1 rutabaga, diced
- Prepare 1 yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 15 (approx) small redskin potatoes, diced
- Prepare Salt/Pepper to taste
- Prepare 1 lb lean (90/10) beef
- Get 1 lb ground pork
- Take 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Get Ridley's Butcher Shop Season All
- Make ready Crushed Rosemary
- Make ready 2 cups hand shredded pepper jack cheese from block (Tillamook)
- Get Melted butter for brushing inner side of crust
Steps to make Ridley's Pasty:
- Dice butter into small pieces and place in freezer.
- Measure lard into bowl and place in freezer.
- Measure flour and sift. Add salt and place in freezer.
- Measure approx 2 c water, add ice, and place in freezer.
- While allowing these ingredients to cool, dice vegetables and combine in bowl. Add salt/pepper to taste. Also, combine meat in separate bowl with worcestershire sauce and add rosemary and season all to taste and place both in refrigerator.
- After crust ingredients have cooled, first remove butter and flour from freezer and combine with pastry cutter. Place back in freezer and allow to cool.
- After a short cooling period, remove flour/butter and cut in lard with pastry cutter. Place back in freezer for short period.
- After 15-30 min cooling period remove flour/butter/lard and water from freezer
- Slowly begin adding water to flour and mix by hand. Add only enough water to hold flour into a ball. Mix as little as possible to form a cohesive ball. Wrap in clear plastic wrap and place back in fridge. Cool for at least an hour, but, as long as a day before cooking. Can prepare dough in advance and freeze if making greater than a day in advance.
- After dough rests, cut into equal pieces and roll into 8"circles. Can use 8" pie plate to keep size consistent. The key here is to get the crust the right thickness. It should be approx 1/4" or slightly less.
- Brush inner side of crust with butter. Place thin layer (1 piece thick) of vegetables on half of crust keeping 1/2" from edges and sprinkle with some cheese. Scoop meat by using ice cream scooper and place 1 scoop in the middle of vegetables and push flat. Then surround with more vegetables. Sprinkle vegetables and cheese on top of meat.
- Moisten edges with water, fold dough over filling, and seal by pressing fork along edges. Also, place 3 small slits in dough.
- Place on trivet/meat rack coated in lard/oil then place in a 10" iron skillet and cook at 350° for about 1 hour - 1 hour 30 mins or until crust is golden.
- Let stand in skillet for 10 minutes than top with gravy. For the true yooper experience, eat it warmed up the next day with some ketchup or bbq sauce.
- Wrap any additional in foil pre-cooked, freeze, and throw in oven when needing a quick, all-in-one meal. To cook, leave in foil, pre-heat oven to 350°, and cook 1- 1 1/2 hours until golden brown.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ridley's pasty recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!