Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, orange chicken with brussels sprouts. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Orange Chicken with Brussels Sprouts is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Orange Chicken with Brussels Sprouts is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have orange chicken with brussels sprouts using 25 ingredients and 26 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Orange Chicken with Brussels Sprouts:
- Get 10-12 boneless chicken thighs washed and cubed
- Take 1 tbs salt
- Get 1 tsp pepper
- Prepare 1 cup corn starch
- Prepare 3 cups flour
- Get 1 egg
- Take 2 1/2 cups water
- Get 2 tbs canola oil
- Prepare Enough olive oil for frying
- Prepare 2 tbs olive oil
- Get 2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- Prepare 4 tbs minced garlic
- Get 2 tbs ginger…freshly minced or powder
- Make ready 1/2 cup white sugar
- Take 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Prepare 1/2 cup orange juice
- Prepare 1/2 cup distilled vinegar
- Prepare 4 tbs soy sauce
- Get 4 tbs water
- Prepare 4 tbs corn starch
- Take 14-1/2 cup orange juice
- Get Sesame oil to drizzle
- Prepare I bags of Brussels sprouts
- Prepare Olive oil for drizzling
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
Instructions to make Orange Chicken with Brussels Sprouts:
- To prepare the chicken batter
- Combine the salt, pepper, flour and corn starch together. Mix well.
- Mix in the egg, water and oil until it looks like a pancake batter.
- Add the cubed chicken thighs to the batter, cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Heat the frying oil inside a wok. I added about a tsp of minced garlic for flavoring.
- Cook chicken for about 6 minutes per batch or until chicken turns slightly brown. I used a fork and placed chicken and batter in a spoon, then dropped in the oil. This way the chicken is well coated and separated from the other chicken pieces.
- Move the cooked chicken onto a plate lined with a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Repeat until all chicken is cooked. It is ok to save some chicken in the batter for the next day. Just keep cover and refrigerated.
- Now for the sauce (heh heh heeeehhh)…..
- In a sauce pan, heat 2 tbs oil.
- As soon as the oil is hot, add the pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Stir for about 25 to 30 seconds.
- Incorporate in the white sugar and brown sugar.
- Stir in the orange juice just until the sugars are dissolved completely.
- Stir in the vinegar and soy sauce. Continue stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the water and corn starch.
- Once the sauce becomes thick, add the remainder of the orange juice.
- Continue stirring. Sauce should still be thick.
- Add the cooked chicken and coat well.
- I personally like to serve this over brussel sprouts (yea I know yuck, right?). But believe me, they go well together and kids will love it…I did say the kids will actually eat the Brussels sprouts.
- Brussel Sprouts quick and simple recipe, takes about 45 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees.
- Wash and cut Brussels sprouts in half. Place in a baking dish. I used a glass baking dish.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper them. Not too much oil, will defeat the purpose of a healthy dish.
- Mix the Brussels sprouts inside the baking dish and pop in the oven to bake uncovered.
- After I placed the chicken in the fridge, I prepped the Brussels sprouts and placed in the oven. This way everything is done at the same time.
- Serve the orange chicken over the Brussels sprouts.
- Or you can serve the orange chicken with your preference. Enjoy :)
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food orange chicken with brussels sprouts recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!