Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, garlicy brussels sprouts and carrots with crispy bacon. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have garlicy brussels sprouts and carrots with crispy bacon using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon:
- Make ready 8 ounces fresh brussels sprouts
- Prepare 8 ounces carrots
- Take 4 slices bacon
- Get 3 teaspoon butter
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Get 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- Take 2 ounces chicken stock
- Get 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Take To taste ground black pepper
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
Instructions to make Garlicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Crispy Bacon:
- Place a 2 qt. sauce pan on the stove with 1 1/2 quarts of water and 1 teaspoon of salt, bring to a boil
- Peel and cut carrots into 1/4 inch half-moon cuts.
- Slightly trim the core and cut an 'X' in the core of each brussels sprout. Set sprouts aside.
- Place the carrots in boiling water for 4 minutes. Take out with slotted spoon and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 5 minutes. Take out with slotted spoon and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain and cool on paper towels. Crumble.
- Heat 2 teaspoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic and fennel seed until light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts and carrots, the stir in chicken stock, brown,sugar.salt, and black pepper (Note- Step 7 and 8 should only take 4 minutes tops enough to bring the sauce together and make the vegetable hot.)
- Stir remaining 2 teaspoons butter into Brussels sprouts mixture until melted. Mix in bacon and serve
- Note- You can adjust the brown sugar and pepper. Adding some bacon fat also taste good :)
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food garlicy brussels sprouts and carrots with crispy bacon recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!