Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pork with apples, cabbage, and fennel. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork with Apples, Cabbage, and Fennel is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Pork with Apples, Cabbage, and Fennel is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
What I didn't want was for the pork chops to get overcooked, or the apples to get too soft, or the appearance of And then since Pork chops are better when cooked with high, direct heat methods, broiling those will yield a much better result than just baking them with the cabbage and fennel. Mix in vinegar, sugar and season to taste. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan or chargrill on high. This one-pot braised pork cooked with red apples, red cabbage, and fennel bulbs, is the perfect dish to get you through Fall and Winter.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have pork with apples, cabbage, and fennel using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork with Apples, Cabbage, and Fennel:
- Prepare 1 cup Apple Juice, place 1/3 cup aside
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Prepare 4 boneless Pork chops (4-6 ounces each)
- Get 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Get 3 cups Sliced Green Cabbage
- Get 1 medium Fennel Bulb
- Take 1 small Onion cut into 1/4 rings
- Make ready 1 large Apple, thinly sliced. I used Golden Crisp
- Get 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
A supper of crimsons, reds and pinks to bring brightness to cold and dull days. The caramelised apple and fennel both add a touch of sweetness to this fab roast pork dish. Add apples, cabbage, carrots and remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Add the cabbage, fennel, apple and dill and toss to combine.
Steps to make Pork with Apples, Cabbage, and Fennel:
- Combined 2/3 cup apple juice, vinegar, caraway seeds, and thyme and small bowl; mix well.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove to plate.
- Add cabbage, fennel, onion, and apple juice fixture to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return pork chops and any accumulated juices to skillet. Add apple; cover and cook five minutes or until pork is barely pink in center. Remove pork, apple and vegetables to plate with a slotted spoon; cover to keep warm. Measure juices from skillet; add additional apple juice if necessary to equal one cup. Return to skillet.
- Stir veining 1/3 cup apple juice into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Add to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over pork and vegetables.
Add apples, cabbage, carrots and remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Add the cabbage, fennel, apple and dill and toss to combine. Brush pork ribs with any remaining glaze. Made with cabbage, fennel, apple, dill and caraway seeds, this is the side we love to serve alongside Southern foods like Fried Chicken, brisket, BBQ Chicken, pulled pork and ribs. Season pork with salt and pepper.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food pork with apples, cabbage, and fennel recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!