Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, smashed potatoes. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Smashed Potatoes is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Smashed Potatoes is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have smashed potatoes using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Smashed Potatoes:
- Prepare 6 small red potatoes boiled until soft in chicken broth
- Make ready 4 Tbsp garlic flavored olive oil
- Get 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Get 1-2 Tbsp bacon fat (or substitute with butter or duck fat)
- Get Fresh herbs of your choice. I used parsley and thyme
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
Instructions to make Smashed Potatoes:
- Set oven to 450°F. Line a pan with foil and drizzle half of the garlic olive oil over the foil. Place the 6 potatoes in the pan and using a potato masher or a cup push down on each potato to smash it down and open. Brush the remaining garlic oil over the potatoes. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Drizzle the bacon fat over the potatoes. Sprinkle the herbs and Parmesan cheese over the potatoes. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes start browning.
- When done remove from oven and plate. Serve and enjoy. (Note: we usually serve with chopped green onions sprinkled on top but we were out when I made this)
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food smashed potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!