Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, whiskey-maple glazed fullblood wagyu steak with smashed potatoes. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Whiskey-Maple Glazed Fullblood Wagyu Steak with Smashed Potatoes is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Whiskey-Maple Glazed Fullblood Wagyu Steak with Smashed Potatoes is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have whiskey-maple glazed fullblood wagyu steak with smashed potatoes using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Whiskey-Maple Glazed Fullblood Wagyu Steak with Smashed Potatoes:
- Make ready 2 Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Teres Major (Chuck Tender) Filets
- Get 3 TBSP Grapeseed Oil
- Get Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season)
- Prepare Glaze
- Make ready 3/4 CUP White Sugar
- Make ready 1/4 CUP Maple Syrup
- Get 1/4 CUP Water
- Make ready 3/4 CUP Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take 1/4 CUP Whiskey (chef used Jack Daniels)
- Make ready 1 TSP Kosher Salt
- Get 1/2 TSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Make ready Smashed Potatoes
- Make ready 2 LB Fingerling Potatoes
- Get 1/4 CUP Grapeseed Oil
- Prepare 2 TSP Kosher Salt
- Prepare 1/2 TSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Make ready 2 SPRIG Thyme
- Make ready 2 SPRIG Rosemary
- Take Vegetable Oil (for frying)
Instructions to make Whiskey-Maple Glazed Fullblood Wagyu Steak with Smashed Potatoes:
- PREPARING THE SMASHED POTATOES (PART 1) - Preheat the over to 400°F. In a medium size bowl, toss the fingerling potatoes with the grapeseed oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Lay whole sprigs of thyme and rosemary on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until potatoes are softened. Discard the fresh herbs, and let the potatoes cool for 30 minutes. NOTE: You will finish the potatoes later in the recipe
- PREPARING THE GLAZE - Combine the water, maple syrup, and white sugar in a small stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover the saucepan with a lid for 3 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove the lid, and wait until mixture turns a dark amber color. Remove from the heat. Add in the apple cider vinegar, whiskey, kosher salt, and black pepper. Place the saucepan back on medium heat.Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture has reduced and slightly thickened.
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU STEAKS - Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Season the Fullblood Wagyu steaks with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on all sides. Once the skillet is slightly smoking, place the beef in the pan to sear. Sear on all sides for 2 minutes per side. Turn off the heat (keep the steaks in the skillet). Use a pastry brush to glaze the seared steaks with the whiskey-maple glaze.
- Pour the remaining whiskey-maple glaze into the skillet with the steaks. Place the skillet in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes. Be sure to turn the beef in the skillet every 2 minutes in order to distribute the glaze. Let the cooked steak rest for 10 minutes, and reserve the whiskey-maple sauce from the skillet.Finish the potatoes while the steak is resting.
- PREPARING THE SMASHED POTATOES (PART 2) - Once the potatoes have cooled, use the bottom of a small drinking glass to smash the potatoes. Smash them until they are a half inch thick but still holding their shape (not crumbling). Heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat with 1 inch of vegetable oil. Once the oil is at 360°F, fry the smashed potatoes for 1-2 minutes until they are golden.
- Place the potatoes onto a sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle the smashed and fried potatoes with kosher salt
- FINAL STEPS - Slice the rested steaks into 1/2 inch slices against the grain.Serve the slices of steak warm with the whiskey-maple sauce from the skillet.Pair the beef with the smashed potatoes.Serve, and enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food whiskey-maple glazed fullblood wagyu steak with smashed potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!