Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, fish fragrant eggplant. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Fish Fragrant Eggplant is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Fish Fragrant Eggplant is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have fish fragrant eggplant using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Fish Fragrant Eggplant:
- Take 3 cups peanut oil
- Make ready 3 Asian eggplants
- Get 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- Get 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- Take 2 tbsp doubanjiang
- Get 1/4 cup water
- Prepare 2 tsp cane sugar
- Prepare 3/4 tsp potato starch w/ one tbsp cold water
- Prepare 6 tbsp scallions chopped, green parts only
- Get 1 tbsp Chiang King vinegar
- Make ready 1 tsp sesame oil
Instructions to make Fish Fragrant Eggplant:
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok to 375º.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise, then slice into 6 segments. Salt and reserve in a colander for 15 minutes.
- Rinse, drain, and dry with paper towels.
- Fry the eggplant in batches as needed until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Let the heat come back up to 375 between batches.
- Place on a half sheet pan lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Remove wok from heat, reserve the oil.
- Add 2 tbsp of the oil into the wok over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir fry for 30 seconds to brown. Do not overcook.
- Add the doubanjiang, stirring until it is incorporated into the oil.
- Add the water and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the potato starch slurry. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 minute to thicken the sauce.
- Add the eggplant, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vinegar. Stir.
- Add scallions, stir in.
- Remove from heat. Add the sesame oil. Stir well.
- Serve with brown rice or stir-fried Napa cabbage.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food fish fragrant eggplant recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!