Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, eggplant lasagna. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Eggplant Lasagna is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Eggplant Lasagna is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have eggplant lasagna using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Eggplant Lasagna:
- Take eggplants
- Get olive oil
- Take Salt and Pepper
- Take cans pure tomato sauce
- Prepare garlic cloves
- Take whole milk ricotta cheese
- Take eggs
- Take shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take freshly chopped basil (separated)
Steps to make Eggplant Lasagna:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut eggplant into ¼” (6mm)slices. Place on parchment lined baking sheets. Drizzle both sides with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake eggplant for 7 mins each side and allow to cool (totally fine to do this part in stages as you may not be able to fit all the eggplant in your oven at once!)
- Allow eggplant to cool. Meanwhile prepare your sauce.
- In a large sauce pan, add the tomato sauce, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes. Allow to simmer for 10 mins until sauce sweetens up and reduces a bit.
- Then prepare the ricotta mixture. In a medium bowl add ricotta cheese, eggs and basil.
- Then assemble your lasagna. In a large heat safe casserole pan, place a thin layer of sauce on the bottom and distribute evenly. On top place a single layer of eggplant on top of the eggplant spread 2/3 cup (160 ml) of the ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle ¼ cup (60 ml) of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Then add another single layer of eggplant and repeat the process creating 3 layers of “Lasagna” in total. The top layer should end with a layer of sauce and some more mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 15-20mins until cheese is melted on top and casserole is cooked through.
- Garnish with some finely minced basil on top.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food eggplant lasagna recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!