Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sweet potato lasagna gf instant pot. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook sweet potato lasagna gf instant pot using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot:
- Prepare large sweet potato
- Take ricotta or cottage cheese
- Get your favorite pasta sauce
- Take spinach or some other yummy veg
- Make ready Olive oil (optional)
- Get Shredded cheese (Italian blend or mozzarella)
- Get Spices (see step #2 for details)
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot:
- Peel sweet potato and use a mandolin to (carefully!) slice sweet potato into thin slices. (Hint: search for "slice-proof" kitchen gloves; you can find them for as low as $10 and they'll keep you from slicing off your poor fingers.)
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta or cottage cheese and your preferred spices. I like to add garlic (minced or powdered), a little bit of salt, a few twists of pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. You could add basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage, whatever you prefer.
- Tip: if you’re using cottage cheese instead of ricotta, use small curd and try to drain off some of the whey before you add in all of your spices. If you forget that step or just can't be bothered (sometimes you just don't wanna, right?), consider sprinkling in something like dried lentils or split peas to soak up some of the extra liquid, unless you don’t mind the result being a little soupy! Whatever makes you happy, it’s your food! 😁
- Prep your spinach: if it's fresh, wash it and snap off the stems (unless you like the stems); if it's frozen, thaw it in the microwave; if it's canned, drain it.
- If you're using canned or frozen spinach, add it to the ricotta/cottage cheese mix. Otherwise, set it aside (you'll be using it as a layer).
- In your baking dish, smear a thin layer of your fave pasta sauce, maybe 1-2 spoonfuls. (Make sure this is a bowl that will fit into your Instant Pot's inner bowl, if you're using an IP.)
- On top of the sauce, add a layer of sweet potato; make sure there's some overlap so that you can't see any of the layer under it between the slices.
- Add a thin layer of your cheese mix on top of the sweet potato. It can be a bit tricky to spread it without moving the potato around, but the sauce below it will help keep things in place.
- If you're using fresh leafy veg, add some of that on top of the cheese mix. If all of your veggies are mixed in with the cheese, add a layer of sliced sweet potato.
- I added some dried lentils on top of this layer of cheese because I wanted to add some lentil-y texture.
- Keep layering the veg and sweet potato and cheese until you run out or get close to the top of the dish. Add a thin layer of your favorite pasta sauce, then top that with as much shredded cheese as you like.
- In your Instant Pot's metal bowl, put down the metal trivet and add a cup of water (as per the usual IP instructions). Put the bowl of lasagna into the inner pot on top of the trivet, then load it up into the Instant Pot. Set it for 25 minutes on high pressure. Let it depressurize on its own after it's done.
- Sweet potatoes should be tender and easily eaten with a fork.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sweet potato lasagna gf instant pot recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!