Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, old fashioned sweet potato pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook old fashioned sweet potato pie using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie:
- Get peeled and cooked sweet potatoes
- Make ready sugar, divided
- Make ready butter, melted
- Prepare eggs
- Make ready vanilla extract
- Take salt
- Get cinnamon
- Get ginger
- Prepare milk
- Get 9in unbaked pie crust
- Make ready egg whites
Instructions to make Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, 1 cup of sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, and the spices.
- Incorporate well.
- Add the milk and continue mixing.
- Once mixed, pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When pie has 10 minutes left, begin the meringue.
- In a glass or copper bowl, (I use glass) beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Beat in 1/4 cup of sugar a tbsp at a time and beat well after each tbsp.
- Beat until stiff peaks form that are glossy and not dry.
- After 45 minutes, remove the pie from the oven.
- With a rubber spatula, transfer the meringue onto the pie. Make sure to touch the crust all around to cover completely.
- Place back in oven for 9-12 minutes to lightly brown the meringue.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food old fashioned sweet potato pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!