Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, yellow split pea-sweet potato corn chowder. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have yellow split pea-sweet potato corn chowder using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder:
- Get dry yellow split peas, rinsed
- Prepare sweet potatoes, pealed and diced (approx 4 cups)
- Take red onion, diced
- Take red bell pepper, diced
- Prepare frozen yellow corn
- Prepare green Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- Take jalapeño, diced (optional)
- Prepare water
- Make ready bay leaves
- Prepare Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Get ginger, fresh minced
- Take garlic, fresh minced
- Get corse sea salt
- Make ready chipotle powder
- Get nutmeg
- Make ready smoked paprika
- Prepare tumeric
- Make ready dried thyme
- Get fresh Italian Parsley, diced
- Make ready Diced green onions, garnish
Instructions to make Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder:
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño in olive oil, until soft. Add some water to keep moist or from sticking to pan.
- Add ginger and garlic and continue to sauté for a few minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and apple and a little water and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add split peas, 8 cups of water, bay leaves and bring to boil. Simmer 30 minutes
- Add the remainder of ingredients: corn, thyme, chipotle, paprika, tumeric, nutmeg, and salt.
- Continue to simmer on medium heat for 20 Minutes
- Add ground pepper or more salt to taste and fresh Italian parsley. Remove bay leaves at this time.
- Blend in batches, leaving 1/4 of soup in the pot, and blend until smooth and stir puréed soup back in pot with the remaining batch. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Should be nice and thick.
- Garnish with diced green onions, enjoy.
- Nutrition per 1 cup serving
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food yellow split pea-sweet potato corn chowder recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!