Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, zucchini muthia / steamed zucchini dumplings. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook zucchini muthia / steamed zucchini dumplings using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings:
- Prepare Zucchini grated with skin
- Prepare Handva flour kanki korma flour (it is a flour made by grinding rice and lentils together in proportions)
- Make ready oil
- Make ready turmeric haldi
- Make ready asafoetida /hing
- Prepare dry ginger powder or 1 tsp ginger paste
- Take red chilli powder
- Take sugar I have used raw sugar
- Make ready yoghurt curd/dahi (1/2 tbsp more if needed. I have used homemade curd /yogurt)
- Take salt
- Prepare oil for greasing the plate and to sprinkle over the muthia log while cooking
- Get For tempering
- Take oil
- Take mustard seeds rai
- Prepare sesame seeds til
- Prepare asafoetida/ hing
- Prepare curry leaves
- Get water to sprinkle over muthia if needed
Instructions to make Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings:
- In a mixing bowl take grated zucchini. Keep the steamer with water to boil. (or use a big broad pot. Place a round ring like stand. Place the colander or perforated plate in it and cover with a lid). Add spices - red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger powder (or fresh ginger paste), sugar, asafoetida, salt and oil. You can add green chilli paste in place of red chilli powder.
- Mix well with hands till the zucchini is squeezed and spices nicely mixed. The aroma of the spices and zucchini will start releasing once the mixing is nicely done. Add the handva flour or kanki korma flour (it is a flour made with rice and lentils).
- Mix well with light hands. The flour will be nicely absorbed. Add a tbsp of yoghurt or more if needed. Mix well.
- Roll the dough into logs and place in the greased colander or perforated plate in a steamer with boiling water. Sprinkle little oil on the top of the muthia. It gives nice glaze to the muthia once cooked.
- Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 15 minutes and then on low heat for 15 minutes or till done. Insert a toothpick to check if the muthia are cooked. If the toothpick comes out clean the muthia are done. Switch off the heat and let the muthia stand for 5 minutes in steamer. Remove the lid.
- Remove the cooked muthia in a plate and let them cool completely. Cut 5 mm thick slices.
- For tempering - Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Let they crackle. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and saute.Add the cut muthia and toss gently. While tossing the muthia, some crumbs will come. These crumbs are very tasty. Sprinkle a tbsp of water if needed to make muthia softer.
- The zucchini muthia are ready. Serve them hot with a cup of tea or mango chunda. They are a perfect snack to carry while travelling or for a potluck or picnic. Also can be enjoyed in the lunch boxes, breakfast, or light dinner.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food zucchini muthia / steamed zucchini dumplings recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!