Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, vegetarian green chili chilaquiles. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook vegetarian green chili chilaquiles using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles:
- Make ready corn tortillas
- Make ready olive oil
- Make ready sea salt
- Take chili powder
- Get sugar
- Take onion, sliced
- Make ready garlic, minced
- Take ground cumin
- Make ready cooked black beans
- Prepare hatch green chiles
- Prepare Vegetable stock
- Take salt and pepper
- Make ready Toppings
- Make ready Cotija cheese
- Get cilantro
- Prepare jalapeños, sliced
Instructions to make Vegetarian Green Chili Chilaquiles:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice tortillas into strips. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, chili powder, and sugar. Bake for 10- 15 minutes. Will crisp up while cooling.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Add in the garlic cook another 1 minute.
- Add cumin. Sauté 1 minute until fragrant. Add black beans and Hatch green chiles. Stir to combine.
- Add the baked tortilla strips onto the skillet. Pour 1/2 C. Broth over the strips. Press in the tortilla strips. Add more broth as needed. Should be moist not soupy.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with cojita cheese, cilantro, and jalapeños if desired.
- Cook eggs to your preference. (I crack an egg into a cold pan season with salt and pepper, cover with lid and turn heat to medium and cook until desired doneness. I like mine runny. 😋)
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food vegetarian green chili chilaquiles recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!