Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, daikon mochi cakes for dim sum. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Daikon Mochi Cakes for Dim Sum is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Daikon Mochi Cakes for Dim Sum is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have daikon mochi cakes for dim sum using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Daikon Mochi Cakes for Dim Sum:
- Prepare 450 grams peeled Daikon radish
- Prepare 1 tsp Salt
- Make ready 80 grams ＊Rice flour (Joshinko)
- Make ready 70 grams ＊Katakuriko
- Make ready 1 tbsp ＊Chicken soup stock granules
- Take 400 ml ＊Water
- Make ready 1 Vegetable oil or sesame oil (to pan-fry the cakes)
Steps to make Daikon Mochi Cakes for Dim Sum:
- Peel the daikon radish using a vegetable slicer or a cheese grater to shred into 5-mm thick pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, work it into the shredded daikon radish, and set aside the daikon radish for about 20 minutes. When moisture is produced, rinse off the salt quickly, and tightly squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Combine the ＊ ingredients in a bowl and mix evenly. Add the daikon radish from Step 2 and mix well. Pour into a lightly oiled mold, and mix it once more to evenly distribute the daikon radish.
- Steam for about 30 minutes in a prepared steamer. If the middle of the cake has puffed up a little when the lid is removed, it should be cooked through.
- Leave the cake to cool in the mold. Flip it over to release it from the mold, and slice 1-1.5cm thicknesses. The cake is easier to slice if it's well chilled.
- Brown on both sides in a frying pan lined with oil, and they're done.
- If you leave the batter in the mold for some time, the flour will sink to the bottom and be tough when it's steamed. IMix up the batter in the mold right before steaming.
- If you have a large steamer, spread the batter out in a shallow tray and steam it.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food daikon mochi cakes for dim sum recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!