Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, pork belly simmered with daikon radish. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork Belly Simmered with Daikon Radish is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Pork Belly Simmered with Daikon Radish is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have pork belly simmered with daikon radish using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork Belly Simmered with Daikon Radish:
- Prepare 600 grams Pork belly
- Get 120 ml ★Sake
- Take 3 tbsp ★Mirin
- Get 2 to 3 tablespoons ★Sugar
- Make ready 5 tbsp ★Soy sauce
- Prepare 600 ml ★Water
- Prepare 1/2 Daikon radish
- Prepare 4 Boiled eggs
Instructions to make Pork Belly Simmered with Daikon Radish:
- Heat up a frying pan without oil and brown the pork on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Add a green onion, ginger and water and cook until a skewer pierces the meat easily (about 1 to 1 1/2 hour, or 15 minutes in a pressure cooker).
- Leave it in the pot until the soup cools, then transfer it to a plastic container and put it in the fridge overnight, if possible.
- Cut up the pork that has chilled overnight (chilling improves the flavor and makes the meat easier to cut). If you're in a hurry, cut the meat right away, without chilling.
- Peel the daikon radish, cut it into rounds and shave off the sharp edges, then parboil it. Boil the eggs and peel the shells.
- Bring the ★ ingredients to a boil in a pot and add the pork, daikon radish and boiled eggs. Bring it to a boil again, and turn down the heat to low. Put on an otoshibuta drop lid, or a piece of aluminum foil or kitchen parchment paper with several holes punched in it, on top of the simmering food, and cook for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- It's done when the meat is tender, the sauce has reduced, and the flavor has soaked in.
- The solidified fat is good to use for stir-fries or in gyoza. Use the soup from boiling the meat for ramen (it can be frozen).
- It's a matter of preference, but I think this dish tastes better if you flavor it more strongly than you would other simmered dishes.
- Please check out the flavoring of amberjack daikon as a reference for this recipe. The taste will come out just right (make it with double the amount of water and flavorings if you are basing on this recipe). - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143404-my-familys-easy-simmered-amberjack-daikon-radish
- The daikon radish is boiled in the cloudy water left from washing rice, but you can also cook it in the microwave. See - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143402-parboil-daikon-in-the-microwave
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food pork belly simmered with daikon radish recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!