Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, homemade split pea soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Homemade Split Pea Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Homemade Split Pea Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have homemade split pea soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Split Pea Soup:
- Make ready 4-5 smoked ham hocks
- Take 1 cup red wine
- Get 12 cups water
- Make ready 16 oz dried split peas
- Make ready 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 3 large carrots, diced
- Prepare 1/2 sweet onion
- Make ready 3 cloves garlic
Instructions to make Homemade Split Pea Soup:
- Place the rinsed ham hocks in a pot and fill with water till the hocks are barely covered.
- Place the pot on the burner and bring to boil. Add the wine and lower the heat to a simmer for 4 hours. Keep covered with a lid.
- Remove meat and bones from the broth to add the split peas and bay leaf. Allow to simmer for an additional 2 hours, covered.
- During this time, prep veggies and separate the meat from the bones. Discard the bones and return the meat back into the pot with the onion, carrots and garlic. Simmer for a final hour. The final product should look something like this…
- Serve hot with bread or sandwiches. The soup is extremely filling and hearty. A lot will go a long way. Garnish with shredded cheese, bacon pieces or crushed crackers.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food homemade split pea soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!