Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, split pea soup with ham. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Split Pea Soup with Ham is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Split Pea Soup with Ham is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have split pea soup with ham using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Prepare 2 lb. dried split peas
- Make ready 11 1/2 cups
- Prepare 4 chicken bouillon
- Make ready 2 lb. ham on bone
- Prepare 4-5 clove garlic minced or pressed
- Take 2 carrots sliced or ½ cup shredded
- Take 2 celery stalks leave and all medium chopped
- Take 1 onion minced
- Take 2 Bay leaves
- Make ready 1/2 tsp pepper
- Make ready 1/2 tsp oregano
- Make ready 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Get 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Take Fresh black pepper
- Make ready Chopped cooked bacon; if there isn’t any ham or additional needed
Steps to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Add the water bouillon cubes, seasonings (oregano, bayleef, black pepper, cayenne pepper) and hambone together. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the next half hour.
- Start chopping onions celery garlic and carrots. Add in the peas and stir frequently. Then adding the chopped vegetables. Continue to start frequently. To prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- After about an hour and a half simmering. Carefully remove the Ham bone from the mixture. Remove any additional Ham removing the fat as well. Chop up finally and add the Ham back into the soup discarding the bone.
- Additional seasoning taste and serve.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food split pea soup with ham recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!