Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, split pea soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Split Pea Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Split Pea Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup:
- Prepare 1 Bag Split Peas
- Take 2 Onions
- Prepare 2 Green Onions
- Prepare 4 Chilis (or any pepper)
- Get 4 Cloves Garlic
- Make ready 1 Baked Sweet Potato
- Get Canola oil
- Prepare Black Pepper
- Get Creole Seasoning
- Take Seasoned Salt
- Take Parsley Flakes
Instructions to make Split Pea Soup:
- Set the oven for 400 F, wrap the sweet potato in foil and bake 40 minutes. Simultaneously, wash beans and veggies. Chop vegetables roughly. Appearance isn’t really a factor here.
- Put some canola oil in a pan and begin sautéing the vegetables until they get a little color. Season Generously. Add in the ham.
- I added 3 Liters of water to the pot. Surely you could use vegetable broth. Bring this to a low boil for a good hour and a half, uncovered. The liquid will reduce and the flavors will intensify. The meat will also start becoming more tender. Stir occasionally.
- After the ham has had its time to boil, add in the split peas. Peel and chop the sweet potato and add it to the party. Continue to simmer for another 2 hours or so. Stir occasionally.
- After a couple hours, you’ll notice your split peas becoming less noticeable. The soup will have thickened up considerably. Remove the ham from the soup and begin to separate it from the bone. Reserve. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Empty it into a large bowl and repeat until all soup is blended. Pour the blended soup from the bowl back into the pot. Put the separated ham back in the pot. The soup is now ready to serve.
- Garnish with parsley flakes and call it an evening.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food split pea soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!