Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, black eyed peas balls. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Eyed Peas Balls is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Black Eyed Peas Balls is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook black eyed peas balls using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Black Eyed Peas Balls:
- Take A. Black Eyed Peas
- Take 3 C soaked and boiled
- Prepare B. Finely Minced
- Prepare 1 medium size brown onion
- Prepare 1 big red chillies or few bird eyed chillies
- Prepare 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Take C. Seasonings and extras
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- Take 1 tbsp rice flour
- Take 1 tsp baking powder
- Get 2 tbsp finely minced herb (any kind - optional)
- Take 2-3 tsp Salt or chicken bouillon / chicken seasoning powder
- Make ready D. As needed- Cheese for stuffing (optional)
- Get E. Final coating
- Make ready 2 eggs - beaten
- Make ready 1 C panko / bread crumbs
Instructions to make Black Eyed Peas Balls:
- A - Soak 200 g (will make around 3 cups of tender peas once soaked) black eyed peas for few hours or overnight. Once soaked, cook 3 cups of peas until soft. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until almost fine. No water needed to pulse if using food processor. Alternatively, soft cooked peas can be mashed using potato masher too. Keep aside.
- B - Finely mince brown onions and chillies. Sauté with 1-2 tbsp of oil until translucent.
- Combine and mix A, B and C. It should be doughy. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Take a small portion of this peas dough and shape into a small ball. Shape by hand or use a piece of clean and clear plastic to squeeze it round. See pic. If using cheese sticks, cut them small. Take a tbsp or less of peas dough. Flatten it and place cheese at the center, seal and shape into ball.
- E - In a wok or deep sauce pan, heat enough oil for deep frying. Roll each ball in beaten eggs and coat evenly in bread crumbs. Turn the heat to medium low and fry until balls are lightly browned. TIPS 👉🏻 For a crispier balls, once fried, leave to cool and then place in a preheated oven at 160°C for few minutes. The outer layer of These balls will stay nice and crisp even after cooled. Cool completely before storing in any bowl with lid.
- Serve with homemade sauce or just tomato ketchup and creamy mayonnaise.
- For filling, feel free to use anything you fancy. It still tastes great even without filling. This recipe is also vegetarian friendly, by substituting chicken seasoning powder or chicken bouillon with salt, you can easily make it into a very tasty vegetarian dish.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food black eyed peas balls recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!