Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, yellow split pea with veggies. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Added protein and fiber with yellow split peas and several veggies and herbs. Don't wait too long to try this soup! Set Instant Pot to saute and let it get hot. Once hot, pour a few tbsp of veggie broth into pot.
Yellow split pea with veggies is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Yellow split pea with veggies is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have yellow split pea with veggies using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Yellow split pea with veggies:
- Prepare 350 g split pea
- Take Handful yellow lentils
- Make ready 2 carrots, diced
- Prepare 1 chopped leek
- Get 1/2 fennel bulb
- Prepare 1 onion, diced
- Make ready 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Get 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Take Spices:
- Take 1 teaspoon cumin
- Get 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Make ready 1/2 chili powder
- Prepare 1/2 turmeric powder
- Make ready 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Make ready 2 chicken/vegetable stock cubes
- Take 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Get Salt and black pepper
Wash them under running cold water. Then let it come to a boil for ten minutes or until it starts boiling. Remove the froth from the top until it is near enough gone. If you need to top up more water then do so at this stage.
Instructions to make Yellow split pea with veggies:
- Cut all the vegetables into small cubes, put them in a pot with some olive oil and simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add all the spices to the vegetables with salt and pepper and simmer for 5-10 minutes until everything is cooked
- Wash the split peas with the yellow lentils and add them to the cooked vegetables. Mix to make sure the flavor is well combined. Then cover the mixture with water, put the lid on and leave for 30 minutes
- Enjoy it in this cold weather and bon appétit ❤️
Remove the froth from the top until it is near enough gone. If you need to top up more water then do so at this stage. Then add broth and split peas and bring to a boil. Kik Alicha (Vegan Ethiopian Yellow Split Pea Stew). I love Ethiopian food, when it's fresh especially, but also because it is very tasty and filling as well.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food yellow split pea with veggies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!