Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, bacon split pea soup (instant pot). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have bacon split pea soup (instant pot) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot):
- Take 1 pound split peas
- Make ready 7 cups chicken broth
- Get 6-7 rashers bacon
- Prepare 1 smoked ham hock
- Prepare 1 large carrot grated
- Prepare 1 small onion chopped
- Take 1 tspn black pepper
- Take 1 dash olive oil
Steps to make Bacon Split Pea Soup (Instant Pot):
- Chop onions to desired size, chop bacon to about 1 inch squares, and grate carrot with cheese grater
- Sauté onions with oil in instant pot for about 2 minutes, then toss in bacon 🥓 and cook until it’s the consistency of ham. They need not be crispy but you don’t want them rubbery.
- Turn off the sauté function. Add split peas, chicken broth, ham hock, carrots 🥕, and pepper. Set instant pot to 25 minutes and cook.
- Whisk hot soup before serving to break up clumps of split pea, there should be some stuck to the bottom of the pot, try not to reincorporate this into the soup. I garnished mine with fried rosemary garlic sourdough croutons.
- Complete! Share a cooksnap & tell us what you thought!
- VARIANT: replace the bacon and ham hock with a smoked turkey leg. After soup is cooked, remove turkey leg, pull meat from bone, and return meat to soup.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food bacon split pea soup (instant pot) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!