Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, split pea soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Split Pea Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Split Pea Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup:
- Make ready 1 tbsp oil
- Get 1 onion, diced
- Take 1-2 carrots, diced
- Get 1 tbsp thyme
- Make ready 2-3 bay leaves
- Get Dash pepper
- Prepare Dash celery salt
- Take 8 cups stock
- Prepare 1 lb yellow split peas
- Take 2 oz vegetarian ham, diced
- Prepare Water
Steps to make Split Pea Soup:
- In stock pot heat oil, onions, and carrots. Season with thyme, bay leaf, pepper, and celery salt.
- Pour in stock and split peas. Stir and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Cover for 20 mins. Add water as needed.
- Bring to a boil. Add ham. Reduce heat and simmer until peas soften.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food split pea soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!