Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, greek inspired stuffed green peppers. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek Inspired Stuffed Green Peppers is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Greek Inspired Stuffed Green Peppers is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have greek inspired stuffed green peppers using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Inspired Stuffed Green Peppers:
- Take 2 large or 4 small green peppers, similar in size
- Prepare 16 oz ground beef / lamb
- Take 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves minced
- Prepare 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- Make ready 2 tablespoons Homemade Greek Seasoning Mix (see separate recipe)
Steps to make Greek Inspired Stuffed Green Peppers:
- Wash green peppers, slice off top and remove inner core and seeds. Keep the tops and finely dice.
- Par boil the green peppers in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef or lamb in a large pan until no pink remains. Drain excess fat. Add the greek seasoning mix and combine well. Add the chopped onion, diced tops from the green peppers and garlic, cook until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir until heated through.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fill each drained green pepper with the meat mixture and place in an ovenproof dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 mins.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food greek inspired stuffed green peppers recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!