Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- Take 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare 1 chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- Get 1 large onion, diced
- Get to taste Salt and white pepper,
- Get 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Make ready 6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Make ready 4 cups chicken stock AND 3 cups of water
- Get 1 pound (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****
Instructions to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min
- Serve with bread if desired
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!