Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, pickled cucumber - asian cucumber salad. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pickled Cucumber - Asian Cucumber Salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Pickled Cucumber - Asian Cucumber Salad is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pickled cucumber - asian cucumber salad using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pickled Cucumber - Asian Cucumber Salad:
- Take Persian/Japanese cucumbers
- Take garlic (grated)
- Take grated ginger
- Take chili pepper or 1/2 teaspoon of chili hot oil
- Make ready soy sauce
- Make ready vinegar
- Get sesame oil
- Prepare salt
- Make ready sugar
Instructions to make Pickled Cucumber - Asian Cucumber Salad:
- Grate 2 garlic cloves
- Grate the ginger. You’ll need about 1 tsp for this recipe.
- Cut the chili into small pieces. You can use chili oil instead of the whole chili pepper.
- To prepare the cucumber, cut off the ends first. Then cut the cucumber into 1-1/2 inches long. After that, put the cucumber into a plastic bag. And slightly smash them until the pieces slit in half.
- Transfer the cucumber to a clean bowl. Then add 1 tsp of sugar and work it into the cucumber. If the cucumber halves still stick together, you can separate them. Always make sure you add sugar in first before the rest of the seasoning. The sugar will not bring out the water inside the cucumber like salt so the cucumber will remain crispy and moist.
- Next, add 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of vinegar, 1 tsp of sesame oil, grated garlic, grated ginger, and chili pepper. Mix everything together. Let the cucumber sit in this mixture for 30 minutes to an hour. The longer you leave it in, the more flavorful the cucumber will get.
- You can serve this pickled cucumber cold or at room temp as an appetizer. It’s also a great side dish for any meaty and heavy dish because the refreshing cucumber will cut through the grease.
- Instruction video: https://youtu.be/TYnfn6JIJew
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food pickled cucumber - asian cucumber salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!