Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, spinach au gratin. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spinach Au Gratin is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Spinach Au Gratin is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have spinach au gratin using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach Au Gratin:
- Take 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Prepare 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- Make ready 2 Tbs. All-purpose flour
- Make ready 2 packages (10 oz.) frozen spinach
- Get 3/4 Tsp. salt
- Take 1/2 Tsp. black pepper
- Take 1/2 Tsp. dried thyme
- Get 1 garlic clove, minced
- Make ready 3/4 cup whole milk
- Take 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Get 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated) - divided
- Take 3/4 cup Havarti cheese (grated) - divided
- Get 4 Tbs. unsalted butter (melted)
- Prepare 1 Tsp. dried nutmeg
- Make ready 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
Instructions to make Spinach Au Gratin:
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Allow this to cool and then drain and squeeze out all liquid.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and butter a gratin baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and continue sautéing while mixing for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked spinach, salt, pepper, dried thyme, and garlic to the pan and stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Stir in the milk, heavy cream, and half the Parmesan and Havarti cheese into the spinach mixture. Add nutmeg, mix lightly, and heat through to evaporate liquid. Pour out pan ingredients into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, bread crumbs, and remaining cheese. Mix well. Spoon the mixture evenly over the gratin top. Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, until it is hot and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs have turned golden brown.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food spinach au gratin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!