Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, salmon and spinach lasagne. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Salmon and Spinach Lasagne is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Salmon and Spinach Lasagne is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have salmon and spinach lasagne using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Salmon and Spinach Lasagne:
- Take Veggies and Herbs
- Get 1 bag fresh bag of spinach
- Get 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill weed
- Prepare 1 lemon zest
- Prepare to taste Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
- Take 2 finely sliced shallots
- Make ready 4 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Make ready Meat
- Make ready 1 2/3 lb skinless salmon fillets
- Take Dairy
- Take 2 cup combined shredded asiago and parmesan cheese, mixed
- Prepare 1 cup mild shredded cheddar cheese
- Get 1/3 cup butter
- Take 2 cups milk (you can use skim milk)
- Make ready 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make ready 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- Make ready Pasta
- Get 12-14 Oven baked lasagne sheets
Steps to make Salmon and Spinach Lasagne:
- Prepare Spinach… Turn the stove on to medium heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add the grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot and add sliced shallots. Cooked until they are translucent, about 5-7 minutes, with consistent stirring. Add the bag of spinach to pan. Stirring with consistency until spinach is wilted. Once complete, then set aside in a bowl.
- Prepare the salmon…Turn the stove on to medium to low heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot then add the salmon to cook. Cook the salmon on both side for 5-7 mins or longer for larger pieces. Once done, break into pieces and put aside in a bowl.
- Prepare cheese sauce (or bechamel sauce)…Melt the butter in a large pot until it foams. Slowly whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook for 2 min and don't let burn. Slowly add milk, whisk briskly, until sauce is smooth, then add heavy cream. Stir whiskly until smooth. Put sauce on low simmer, cook until thickens. Stir in dill, lemon zest, salt, pepper and combine cheese mix of parmesan/asiago. Turn off pot, once the sauce is complete.
- Assemble to Lasagne…Preheat oven to 350°. To a 13x9 dish, add some sauce to bottom of pan. Line pan with 4-5 lasagne sheets. Add another layer sauce, then some salmon, spinach, some cottage cheese and some mix of cheddar/asiago/parmesan cheese. Continue this for another two layers. Top with final layer of lasagne sheets, remaining sauce and sprinkle with rest of cheese mix.
- Cook the lasagne…Place pan on a cookie sheet to catch any overspill. Put in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes. If you want a brown top, at the last 5 minutes set the oven to broil at 500°. As it finish cooking, set lasagne aside for 10 minutes before eating.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food salmon and spinach lasagne recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!