Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, creamy cajun red beans. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This recipe is another one of my favorite comfort foods. Here is my way of making a New Orleans Louisiana style red beans and rice at home. Cajun-country reviewer here to say this is about as authentic as it gets, though technically a Cajun home cook doesn't use recipes or measurements. According to Louisiana tradition this would be served on a Monday — supposedly an easy meal for laundry day because of.
Creamy Cajun Red Beans is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Creamy Cajun Red Beans is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook creamy cajun red beans using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Cajun Red Beans:
- Take Olive oil
- Make ready dry small red beans (not kidney)
- Take smoked sausage
- Make ready smoked ham
- Take green bell peppers
- Get large onion
- Make ready celery
- Make ready garlic
- Prepare butter
- Make ready chicken bouillon cubes
- Take Water
- Prepare Tblsp garlic powder
- Make ready Tblsp Cajun seasoning
- Make ready thyme
- Take bay leaves
- Take fresh parsely
- Prepare Few dashes of Worcestershire
- Take sugar
- Get Cooked rice (your choice)
- Get Green onions chopped
Creamy red beans, rice, veggies and Cajun seasonings combine to create a flavor-packed, hearty vegetarian meal. This easy red beans and rice patties recipe has a bold Creole mustard sauce that really makes the dish. The first bite will wow you. Red Beans and Rice is a dish that needs a special place in your go-to recipe box.
Instructions to make Creamy Cajun Red Beans:
- Sort out and soak the red beans the night before
- Cut up all your meats and veggies and start browning the sausage in a pot with just a bit of olive oil
- Add the peppers, celery, onion and garlic on top of the sausage and stir to combine. Next add the butter and stir till melted
- Add the ham and keep stirring
- Add the red beans and enough water just to cover everything and bring to a boil
- Then add the garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, thyme, 4 bay leaves, pinch of sugar and Worcestershire
- After an hour add fresh parsely
- Cook for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours on LO barely a simmer stirring occasionally and mashing some beans on the side of the pot for more creaminess (do this towards the end) It makes a paste
- Serve over rice and garnish with the green onions on top 😋😋😋 this time I used yellow rice but use any kind you like ENJOY 😊
The first bite will wow you. Red Beans and Rice is a dish that needs a special place in your go-to recipe box. The great thing is that everything sits in a pot and simmers until the beans are soft and creamy, and all those It's really transformed over the years, where now Cajun style Red Beans and Rice is made with andouille. Creole Red Beans Recipes Camellia Brand. Red beans and rice is a meal you'd find traditionally in Louisiana and other parts of the South.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food creamy cajun red beans recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!