Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, crockpot red beans and rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crockpot Red beans and rice is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Crockpot Red beans and rice is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
This traditional Creole red beans and rice recipe is made extra easy in the slow cooker! Top with Green Onions and or Fresh Parsley. Red beans and rice are slow cooked to perfection with diced andouille sausage and chopped vegetables. Spicy andouille sausage jazzes up this basic crock pot red beans and rice recipe.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have crockpot red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Red beans and rice:
- Prepare 14oz pack of smoked sausage
- Prepare kidney beans
- Take pig butter (bacon grease)
- Get green bell pepper
- Prepare chicken broth
- Make ready Cajun seasoning (I buy in bulk at natural food store you can use whatever brand you want)
- Make ready granulated garlic
- Prepare celery seed
- Prepare salt
- Prepare pepper
- Get rice (2 cups uncooked as rice doubles in size when cooking)
Quick and easy meal for lunch or parties. Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice Recipe is a one pot meal full of flavor and budget friendly. This meal is so delicious with the sausage, beans and rice. Another option for this slow cooker red beans and rice with sausage dish is using chicken stock in place of some of the water for a more rich flavor.
Instructions to make Crockpot Red beans and rice:
- Chop up peppers and sauage
- Fry up the peppers and sausage in the bacon fat (feel free to use whatever you want to fry it in for you health nuts but I like the flavor it gives) if not using bacon grease add dash of salt.
- Rinse canned beans and add to crock pot
- Add all the spices to the pot and mix in the chicken broth
- Add sautéed peppers and sausage when the sausage is good and browned.
- Let cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Pour over rice and enjoy
This meal is so delicious with the sausage, beans and rice. Another option for this slow cooker red beans and rice with sausage dish is using chicken stock in place of some of the water for a more rich flavor. My husband loves this thing at the office! Like most mom & pop places, we always served Red Beans & Rice on Monday. I've changed the restaurant version a bit to reflect the fact that I use my Crockpot now.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food crockpot red beans and rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!