Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, crockpot red beans & rice. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This traditional Creole red beans and rice recipe is made extra easy in the slow cooker! This Crockpot Red Beans recipe is so good! See recipes for Slow cooker red beans and rice too. Home » Blog » Crockpot » Crockpot Red Beans and Rice.
Crockpot Red Beans & Rice is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Crockpot Red Beans & Rice is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have crockpot red beans & rice using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Red Beans & Rice:
- Take red kidney beans
- Get water
- Take onion
- Take green bell pepper
- Make ready celery stalks
- Prepare garlic
- Prepare bay leaves
- Make ready cayenne pepper
- Make ready dried thyme
- Make ready dried sage
- Make ready dried parsley flakes
- Prepare creole seasoning
- Take beef sausage
- Take rice
- Get water
- Take chicken base
Not only is this meal frugal but the andouille sausage is so delicious with the beans and rice. How to make crockpot red beans and rice: Soak beans overnight. In the morning, drain off the water and rinse. Like most mom & pop places, we always served Red Beans & Rice on Monday.
Steps to make Crockpot Red Beans & Rice:
- Fill crockpot with 7 cups water & add kidney beans
- chop: celery, bell pepper & onion and add to beans along with whole garlic cloves
- season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, creole seasoning
- stir all ingredients together and set crockpot to high and let cook 7 hours until beans are tender
- Add sliced sausage and cook 1 hour
- stir together 4 cups water and 2 teaspoons chicken base in with rice, put on high until boiling; reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes
- Pour beans over rice and serve. Best with corn bread on the side
In the morning, drain off the water and rinse. Like most mom & pop places, we always served Red Beans & Rice on Monday. I've changed the restaurant version a bit to reflect the fact that I use my Crockpot now. Ingredients Needed to Make Crockpot Red Beans and Rice Dry red beans - You can use the small ones or kidney beans. Smoked sausage - Andouille, kielbasa, whatever you like.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food crockpot red beans & rice recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!